1) Be able to use a variety of sources for the collection of data, both primary and secondary.
2) Understand a range of techniques to analyze data effectively for business purposes.
3) Be able to produce information in appropriate formats for decision making in an organizational context.
4) Be able to use software-generated information to make decisions in an organization.
It is essential that learners have access to computers and the internet and specialist packages for statistical analysis and network planning.
Bank DM is a local bank specialising in providing personal financial and investing services to a range of clients. The Bank classifies the clients into three grades, namely, Regular, Preferred, and Elite, according to the average amounts of deposits. The Bank recently has faced fierce competition, mainly from some international banks and brokerage houses. As a response to the challenge, the Bank endeavours to deliver exceptional services to clients through strengthening the capabilities and morale of the staff.
The Personal Banking Director of Bank DM is asked by the Executive Committee of the Bank to prepare a report and present the report in a meeting to review the following issues:
1) The change in the structure of clients in the last five years
2) The success (or otherwise) in widening and extending the clients base in the last five years
3) The success (or otherwise) in attracting deposits and generating service income from various classes of clients in the last five years
4) The relative values of each class of clients
5) The projection for the amounts of deposits and service income for 2011
The Personal Banking Director has collected the following five-year summarised data:
(a) Produce a formal business report in the capacity of the Personal Banking Director to the Executive Committee of Bank DM to COMMENT on EACH of the five reviewing issues with the data collected. (LO 3.4)
3.4 produce a formal business report – Write in a formal report format with ‘From’, ‘To’, ‘Title’, ‘Executive Summary’, and ‘Conclusion’. Comment on EACH of the five reviewing issues in the case in the content with numerical supporting.
(b) The comment must be supported appropriately by the following analysis:
- i. Create information for decision making by summarising data using representative values, i.e. mean, median, mode, and using the results to draw valid conclusions. (LO 2.1)
2.1 Understand a range of techniques to analyse data effectively for business purposes:
Create information for decision making by summarizing data using representative values.
Calculate mean, median, and mode, range variance and standard deviation. Draw conclusion
with the calculation.
- ii. Analyse data using measures of dispersion to inform the Executive Committee for any implication and potential problem. (LO 2.3)
2.3 analyse data using measures of dispersion to inform a given business scenario. Calculate relevant measures of dispersion. Explain the implication or problem in writing.
- iii. Create trend lines in spreadsheet graphs to assist in forecasting for the amounts of deposits and service income for 2011. You should comment on the reliability of the trend lines. (LO 3.2) 3.2 create trend lines in spreadsheet graphs to assist in forecasting for specified business information. Use spreadsheet to extrapolate the trend lines for deposit amount and services income for 2011. Comment on the reliability of the trend lines drawn.
- iv. Analyse the results to draw valid conclusions on each of the five reviewing issues in the context of Bank DM. (LO 2.2) 2.2 analyse the results to draw valid conclusions in a business context. Draw conclusions on EACH of the five reviewing issues and overall conclusion according to the numerical calculation.
(c) Prepare for the Personal Banking Director a business presentation using suitable software and techniques to
- i. Disseminate information about the report effectively in a meeting with the Executive Committee. You should submit the slides with appropriate presentation notes. (LO 3.3)
3.3 prepare a business presentation using suitable software and techniques to disseminate information effectively. Submit a presentation with notes to summarise the report findings and conclusion.
- ii. Produce suitable line, pie, bar charts and histograms for the collected data using spreadsheets and draw valid conclusions based on the information derived. (LO 3.1) 3.1 produce graphs using spreadsheets and draw valid conclusions based on the information derived. Correctly draw suitable graphs by using the graphing function of spreadsheet software to present ALL the collected data.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]