DEFINING A PROJECT
Case: One of your staff members is confused about what is considered a project what is a new procedure/process. Review the list below to help your employee determine which of the following are projects. Explain to the employee why it is or is not a project.
1. The assistant director is ordering the annual supply of medical record folders. He is taking bids from vendors to get the best price.
2. You are developing a new Performance Improvement program. Data will be abstracted into an information system with reports being generated monthly.
3. You are converting your filing system from alphanumeric to terminal digit.
4. You are installing new cubicles in the HIM department.
5. That state is updating its electronic birth certification software. It will be rolling out to all of the hospitals over the next 6 months.
6. The Information Management plan is being revised. The HIM special projects coordinator has been given sole responsibility of the revision.
7. You are developing new productivity standards for your HIM functions.
8. Your Joint Commission survey is scheduled sometime around the end of the year. You have a lot of work to ensure that everything is in place.
9. The annual coding update has been sent to you for installation.
10. The monthly employee newsletter is being written for release next week.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]