Option 1: Depth study of a particular genre.
– If you choose the genre option, you should focus your study on a particular chronological and cultural context and ensure that you demonstrate the relationship between the genre you have selected and the context.
– Genre for selection might include the following:
• Poetry * visual texts
• The novel * short stories
• Drama * film
• You can choose ONE of the following examples for option 1:
1: Accounts of Cambodia’s “nightmare years”
3: Tiananmen Square as represented in literature
4: Depictions of contemporary China through female authors – turning points
5: Recent Indian fiction
6: The impact of ‘Western cultural imperialism’ on selected Asian cultures through literature
7: Crime fiction in contemporary China
8: Bombay Dreams – contemporary Hindi cinema
Option 2: Case Study of a particular artist.
You can choose one of the following examples:
1. Case study of Steve Tolbert
2. Anita Desai
3. Kazuo Ishiguro
4. Zhang Yimou
5. Adeline Yen Mah
• If you choose the ‘artist’ option, you will need to consider the development of the artist’s career, the social and cultural context in which the artist operates/operated, and the artist’s major works and themes.
– Artists for selection might include the following:
• A poet
• A novelist
• A dramatist
• An essayist
• A cartoonist/animator
• A short story writer
• A film director
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]