“ A Corpus-Based Study of the Near Synonymous of the word “Beautiful”
I want the study to be a corpus-based study of a set of near synonymous words (beautiful, handsome, pretty, stunning, good looking, and cute) “ and you can add more words “ : within a semantic prosody.
Analyse the set of the near synonymous of the word “beautiful” to find:
to identify the differences and the similarities in the meanings and uses among these synonymous.5
From a perspective of :
- The meaning ( denotation or connotation}
- The use of these near synonymous either ( colligation or collocation)
The justification of choosing these near synonymous to find the muscularity and femininity behind these words and link them to age ( Gender & Age)
The data will be collected from BNC (British National Corpus)
A similar study attached and an article about corpus study to follow as a model
COURPUS AND LEXICAL ASSIGNMET
Empirical 5,000 word research investigation into an area of lexis, using corpora and software tools . The exact focus of the investigation will be decided by negotiation with the unit tutors.
The primary aim of the assignment is to assess your understanding of key issues of the unit and to show that you have met the learning outcomes, which are:
1. Critically reflect on: the role of vocabulary as a component of language in society and its relationship to other aspects of language; the theoretical models which describe lexical knowledge, access and storage; the tools used to measure vocabulary knowledge and use.
2. Retrieve and analyse lexical information from a range of corpora, using the approaches and methods that are characteristic of corpus linguistics.
The paper should contain:
- Table of contents
- Research aims and Research question(s)
- Research scope/limitations (why including x and not y)
- literature review
- Research justification (perhaps due to a gap in existing research)
- Methodology (Data collection & Data analysis)
- Analysis ( include tables, print screens of the corpora, quoted data)
- Discussion (including critical evaluation)
- References (about 25-30)
- Appendices ( all the used corpus data from BNC)
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]