Select a location in any of the these cities in the sate of Arizona (Tempe or chandler or phoenix), go there, and undertake a site analysis. The location should be an outdoor site that is used by people and should be of modest size so you can incorporate some detail about it. You will want to consider both environmental and cultural factors in order to understand how the site currently works and perhaps how well it may have been designed in the first place. Site analysis is an important step in the design process that helps a designer understand the influencing factors that should be considered.
Complete the following tasks as thoroughly as possible based on what you are able to observe about site characteristics and how people using the site are responding to site conditions.
- On a separate sheet, make a plan view sketch of the site and the elements included within or bounding it (i.e. sidewalks, landscaped areas, buildings, benches, lighting, etc.).Be sure to label these elements. A plan view is looking from above. It doesn’t have to be properly scaled.
- Describe the natural elements on the site and interpret how they may influence the use of the site by people and animals (i.e. vegetation, soil, water, wind, etc.)
- Describe the human-made elements of the site and interpret how they are used and influence activity on the site (i.e. paving, benches, lighting, buildings, etc.)
- Describe sensory elements on the site and interpret how they might affect the activities of humans and animals (i.e. noise, light, temperature, odors, etc.).
- Provide an overview of how you think all of these conditions affect the use of the site.Make any suggestions that you might have about how you might make this site function better for its intended use. Make any suggestions about how this site could be made more sustainable (conserving resources, provide greater levels of human comfort, using local materials, incorporating multiple uses, etc.).
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]