1) Visit the various links provided by the the Centers for Disease Control on nutrition, physical activity, obesity in America, and effects of weight on health and emotions for everyone and health professionals. For this discussion, address the following:
* List three important facts health professionals need to communicate to the community about healthy child and adolescent development. Provide specific explanation on why each of these facts is vital for people to know.
* List three important facts that you can use to change your life or your family’s or that you could use to help your friends or community. Provide specific explanation on changes you or others can make based upon each of these facts.
* You may also include information from this week’s readings on brain and motor development. Your initial response should be between 200-250 words.
2) Locate an article on either a child or adolescent with a physical disability (brain or motor). Alternatively, you could also interview someone you know who is a parent of a child or adolescent with a physical disability. From your reading and/or discussions, explain what aspects of development are connected with the disability. Additionally, answer at least 2 of the following questions in your posting:
* How does the physical disability affect overall brain or motor development?
* How does the physical disability affect the family?
* How old was the person when the physical disability was diagnosed? Explain what differences might have occurred in the person’s development if the disability would have been found earlier.
* Is the cause known for the disability? If it is, what is it? If it is, what treatment or interventions, if any, might have prevented the disability?
Your initial response should be between 200-250 words.
Locate a current news article on childhood obesity (you may use the required or recommended articles from this week or find one on your own). Journal your ideas on why childhood obesity is becoming an epidemic in America and throughout the world. Consider what behaviors you may exhibit that would promote childhood obesity rather than its prevention. What can you do starting today to help decrease childhood obesity in your family, schools, and community?
The purpose of the journal activity is to allow you to thoroughly reflect upon what you have learned so far in your coursework and to provide you with an opportunity to relate this learning to your own experiences. The reflective journal is not a formal written assignment; however you are expected to adhere to conventional rules of grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation while focusing on clearly conveying your thoughts.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]