Assignment 3: World War II Through the 1970s
Due Week 8 and worth 400 points
This assignment will address the period from the World War II through the 1970s.
Write a 5-6 page paper in which you:
1. Identify at least two (2) major historical turning points in the period under discussion.
2. Analyze the impact of the two (2) or more major historical turning points selected on America’s current society, economy, politics, and culture.
3. Give at least two (2) reasons that Americans in the late 1930s wanted to stay out of the European conflict that became World War II.
4. Explain the role that women played to help win World War II.
5. Describe at least two civil rights breakthroughs after World War II that moved the cause of African-Americans forward.
6. Describe at least two (2) ways in which the Vietnam War brought political awareness to a new generation of young Americans.
7. Describe at least two (2) programs of President Johnson’s “Great Society” agenda that are still with us today.
8. Include at least two (2) references other than the textbook. At least one (1) of your sources must be obtained from the collection of databases accessible from the Learning Resources Center Web page. Generic encyclopedic Internet resources such as Wikipedia or Answers.com will not be considered acceptable.
Your assignment must:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
Analyze how historical events shape America’s current society, economy, politics, and culture.
Recognize and discuss the different ways that the heritage of slavery, the Civil War, Reconstruction, and segregation have shaped America’s history – even to the present day.
Identify how changes in social and economic conditions and technology can cause corresponding changes in the attitudes of the people and policies of the government.
Recognize and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have influenced the direction of historical and social development in the United States.
Analyze the rise of the United States to a world “super-power” and how that status has shaped its internal developments in recent decades.
Describe ways that women and minorities have responded to challenges and made contributions to American culture.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.