- Why do you think the US has become more obese over the years? Why are people with lower income statistically more obese than the rest of the country? Is society to blame? Why or why not?
- Do physically active people tend to suffer less from chronic illness? Why or why not?
- What’s wrong with Having Too Much Body Fat?
- What Is a Healthy Weight?
5 How has the incidence of overweight and obesity changed in the United States over the past few decades?
6 What are two chronic disorders that are more common in obese individuals than in lean individuals?
- When is a high BMI not associated with an increased health risk?
8 What type of body fat increases health risks?
Nutritional Needs Ad
Consider the following scenario: The General Secretary of the FDA has tasked you with developing an educational flier on the nutritional needs for a specific stage of life.
Research your topic using online sources, such as the Food and Drug Administration or the U.S. Department of Agriculture; and local sources, such as farmers’ markets, for content and nutrition suggestion for the ad.
Create a public service ad, with appropriate images, to be printed in the Sunday edition of your newspaper. Include the following points:
- Identify the nutritional needs for a developing embryo and fetus and how to obtain them.
- Identify health concerns or disease associated with poor nutrition during the gestation period.
- Provide examples of good and bad nutritional choices for baby and mom.
- Once the baby is born, address the pros and cons of breastfeeding versus formula-feeding.
- Make recommendations for where readers might search for more information regarding nutrition. Remember to determine and choose credible sources of nutritional information.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]