Review the following research questions.
1. Is the use of soap and water or alcohol-based rubs more effective in preventing nosocomial infections?
2. How effective are anti-depressive medications on anxiety and depression?
3. For patients of 70 years and older, how effective is the use of the influenza vaccine at preventing flu as compared to patients who have not received the vaccine?
4. What is the relationship between alcohol and breast cancer?
5. What is the difference between self-efficacy scores in older adults who exercise and the scores of those who do not?
6. What is the difference in attitudes of male and female college students toward condoms?
Next, select 3 of the above questions and address the following:
Identify an appropriate research design.
Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the design.
Provide a rationale for the design you selected
When determining what type of research design to use in a research study one must determine if it is Descriptive (p.256) or Correlational (p.264). Descriptive and correlational studies examine variables in natural settings. There is no treatment intervention/innovation in either of these types of studies.
The other types of research designs are Quasi-experimental (p.270) and Experimental (p.276).These types of studies look at a cause and effect. They look at differences in the dependent variable that is caused by the independent variable.
Chapter 8 in your textbook is a very good chapter to read and use the algorithms in the figures to determine which is the best research design for the questions in this discussion forum. This exercise will also help you determine what your study design should be based on your problem and your intervention.
Step 1: Choose a research question…..type it out
Step 2: State the type of research design you feel it appropriate for the question. Use the algorithm\’s found in chapter 8 (p.257, 258 and 275). State the pros and cons of the design you chose
Step 3: State the rationale for choosing the design you chose. i.e. two groups, treatment, relationship, difference etc. All this should be based on citation of information in your textbook and at least 1 other resource.
Repeat for the second and third question. If you list the steps this will guide you to ensure that you have addressed all the requirements for this discussion forum.
Currently 2 writers are viewing this order
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.