Report question: Study Skills Module from October 2013
The Olympic and Paralympic Games were held in London in Summer 2012. One of the major changes to delivery of the Games that has emerged in the last 10 years is the concept of sustainability. In the report that was published by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to show why London was selected as the venue for the 2012 games, the sustainability plan was mentioned as an important factor in the success (http://www.olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/SportAndEnvironment/Sustainability_Through_Sport.pdf accessed 17.09.2013). The strapline used by the 2012 organisers was “Inspire a Generation” and this too relates to issues of legacy and sustainability. It is now more than 12 months since the events of the Olympic and Paralympic Games and therefore a good time to consider whether the UK managed to deliver a sustainable games.
Starting from the IOC report on recent Olympic and Paralympic Games, which includes London 2012 sustainability (http://www.olympic.org/sustainability accessed 17.09.2013) and the recent case studies on sustainability and the London 2012 Olympics (http://www.cslondon.org/sustainable-games/ accessed 17.09.2013) write an analytical business report on the success of the London 2012 Olympic games in terms of sustainability.
In your report (which must be written in business report format) you need to cover the following topics:
- An executive summary which gives a brief overview of the argument in your report including key findings and conclusions
- A brief overview analysis of the sustainability plan put forward by the organisers of the London Olympics, including all aspects of sustainability that were suggested
- A detailed review of the delivery of one of the aspects of the sustainability of the London 2012 Games. This should include BOTH academic perspectives and news perspectives
- A short opinion survey of the aspect of sustainability chosen for detailed review, carried out by you from a sample of students at GSM London
- A conclusion which includes critical evaluation of the sustainability of the London 2012 Games based on the evidence that you have gathered both from your primary and secondary research, focusing on the aspect chosen for detailed review
Word Limit – Not more than 2,500
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]