Write a 1- to 2-page paper that synthesizes your analysis, including the following:
•Skills or dispositions needed for navigating organizational change
•A self-evaluation of your approach to organizational change, based on previous experiences and insights related to information presented in the Learning Resources
See the Week 3 Application area for the complete instructionsTHIS IS WEEK 3 APPLICATION AREA
Health care managers play a pivotal role in facilitating organizational change. To support the organization’s viability—and be successful as a manger—it is critical to assess and respond effectively to the call for change. Yet, “even when managers intellectually understand the need for changes in the way they operate, they sometimes are emotionally unable to make the transition.” (Kotter & Schlesinger, 2008, p. 134)
In preparation for this assignment, consider the following questions:
• Why is change sometimes slow or difficult to enact in health care organizations?
• What aspects of the industry affect this?
• In what ways can organizational change be challenging for individuals? Why?
• What skills or dispositions are important to cultivate in the face of such prevalent change? Are these the same for people at all levels of an organization, or are there additional needs for managers?
• What experiences have you had with organizational change in the past? How would you evaluate yourself with regard to your ability to navigate change? What challenges have you encountered? Under what circumstances, if any, has change seemed easier?• What insights about yourself can you surmise from the information presented in the Learning Resources? For instance, what is your approach to innovation? What steps do you currently take to deal with “the anxiety of learning”?
• Write a 1- to 2-page paper that synthesizes your analysis, including the following:
• Skills or dispositions needed for navigating organizational change
• A self-evaluation of your approach to organizational change, based on previous experiences and insights related to information presented in the Learning ResourcesYour written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate.
Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]