World War I has been considered a major historical turning point in modern History. Yet, Historians debate what were its causes and who was responsible.
You are to read the following Two (2) books to begin your paper and then with additional research compare their views on the Origins of World War I in light of different historians views on the subject.
1. The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I by Laurence Lafore
Compare it to the following:
2. Europe’s Last Summer by David Fromkin
Your paper should be divided approximately between a) A summary of the works, b) a critique of the books, and c) placing the works within the historical context of the period in which they were written:
To do this paper effectively you are expected to research other sources on the historians views of the subject. Our Librarians will be glad to help you in this matter. You must use at least five other sources two of which must be non-internet sources
The following are some but not all of the
questions your paper should try to answer.
1. What are the main theses of the book?
2. How are these theses presented in the book?
3. Is the book organized in a clear manner? Is the argument of the book logical?
4. What are the prejudices of the author?
5. How do these prejudices effect the authors view of the subject?
6. What are the authors conclusions? How does the authors own prejudices effect his conclusions?
7. How does the book relate to the times in which it is written?
8. What effect did the book have on historical interpretation of the origins of WWI ?
9. Compare and Contrast the differing views of the Authors on the subject.
DO NOT write the report by just answering the above questions in a 1- 9 manner. It should be a well written and clearly organized paper.
Footnotes and a bibliography are required. You should use the University of Chicago style in notations.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]