This is a hypothetical question.
The operators of Cattedown Wharf, Plymouth currently deal with the importation of fuel. The ships currently are a maximum of 10,000dwt.They are planning to discontinue with this operation and are planning to build a new terminal on the brown field site. They wish to entice feeder container vessels.
Explain how they are influenced by the external environment in which they wish to operate. Give relevant examples of these external environments and include planning objectives.
Maximum words 2000
- Answer the questions and be close to the word limit. (Allowance +/-10%)
- Do not limit your answers to the key concepts given in the questions, think as an operator and what affects the port and/or ship. It is a NEW terminal therefore, think of all the external factors that could cause concern.
- Think of the types of ships and the necessary facilities they will need.
- Be practical. Look up the site of the question for extra marks.
- Harvard system of referencing is mandatory.
- Inclusion of irrelevant data or not answering the question will be a disadvantage
- Marks will be awarded for Structure, Style, Presentation and Source referencing.
Please indicate word length at the end of the assignment
Essentials of Management 5th Edition McGraw-Hill – Harold Koontz
Or any recent management book or journals.
This coursework must be handed into the Student Support Services
Room 306 Cookworthy Building by
Tuesday November 19th 2013, @1200
JA Challacombe email@example.com
Room 508 Cookworthy
Indicative mark range
0 – 29 Poor grasp of subject. Failure to apply relevant skills.
- – 39 Minimal awareness of subject area. Communication of
knowledge frequently inarticulate or irrelevant
40 – 50 Evidence of subject based on suggestive reading,
descriptive, no factual inaccuracies, clear
structure, clear line of argument, some
interpretation, basic level of analysis
50 – 60 Good analysis, coherent argument.
60 – 70 Sustained analysis, evaluative conclusions, critical
perspective, balanced structure.
70+ Good synthesis, strong thought of argument, evidence
of wide knowledge, originality.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]