Late in 2005, Wal-Mart announced a series of sweeping new strategic initiatives. Each student is to write a case analysis of Wal-Mart’s current strategy and challenges.
What threats and challenges is Wal-Mart currently facing?
• What priorities did Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott set in his “Wal-Mart: Twenty-First Century Leadership” address (24 Oct 2005)?
• Wal-Mart’s Board discussed proposals to meet (some of) these challenges at a board retreat in 2005. Discuss these initiatives as outlined in the “Supplemental Benefits Documentation: Board of Directors Retreat FY06″ See also Wal-Mart health cost strategy NYT 26Oct2005. Was additional damage done to Wal-Mart by the leaking to the public of the Board Benefits Strategy document?
• Comment on two recent Wal-Mart initiatives from the standpoints of: a) Strategy and b) PR.
• Discuss Wal-Mart’s strategic social challenges from the standpoint of Bonini, Sheila M. J.; Mendonca, Lenny T.; Oppenheim, Jeremy M. When social issues become strategic. McKinsey Quarterly. 2006 no. 2.
• Were all of the issues Wal-Mart now faces already evident in the 2003 case study?
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]