Write a satirical proposal describing a solution to a problem that you see in todays society. It can be political (lobbyist, elections, etc.), economic (Wall Street excess, corporate culture, etc.) or social (racism, religious zealots, etc.). Remember, satires are supposed to be extreme; this is not the time for political correctness.
In this assignment you will be combining two genres: Proposals and Satires. Be sure to meet the requirements for both. In a proposal you should focus on having a well-defined problem, recommending a solution, explaining that solution, anticipating objections, and calling people to action. In satire, remember, you want to bring attention to a problem by using humorous, extreme ideas to show the foolishness of how the situation is being addressed.
Steps to a Satiric Proposal:
1. Identify and introduce the problem
2. Explain your satiric solution, step by step
3. Give specific reasons and methods in your solution
4. Consider questions and counter-arguments
5. Keep your tone satiric (satire) all the way through.
6. Explain why your satiric solution should be considered over the genuine idea
Works cited at the end. MLA format
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.